Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sixth Sunday of Easter

St. John 15.9-17: "You are my friends if you do what I command you, I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends...No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends".

"I knew that the Church had a heart and that such a heart appeared to be aflame with love...I saw and realised that love sets off the bounds of all vocations, that love is everything, that love embraces every time and every place, that love is everlasting. Then, nearly ecstatic with joy, I proclaimed: O Jesus, my love, at last I have found me calling! My call is love. I have found my role in the Church...In the heart of the Church I will be love" (St. Térèse of Lisieux).

No comments:

Post a Comment